While the dropping temperatures and changing leaves are a treat themselves, there’s so much more to autumn than the weather. From seasonal bounties to holiday gatherings, fall really can feel like the best season for food and wine. Pairing the most delectable autumnal treats with the perfect wine can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be intimidating. Armed with a tiny bit of knowledge, you can pair our wines and with your favorite fall foods like a pro.
Getting to Know Our Red Wines: Food Pairings Tailored to Timber Hill Varieties
With more than twenty varieties and a versatile range of wines, it’s easy to find the perfect combination for all your favorite fall foods from our lineup.
- Petite Pearl – Sweetened with a hint of honey, Petite Pearl works perfectly with cured meats, chargrilled beef, and other big, hearty flavors.
- Reserve Red – Aged in oak barrels with a deep, rich flavor of spice and tannins, Timber Hill Reserve Red plays nicely with red meats, roasted fall root vegetables, and hearty autumn beef stews.
- Marquette – Made from the fruits of some of Wisconsin’s oldest Marquette vines, this versatile, dry red brings warmth to classic fall dishes. Pair it with earthy braised short ribs and mushrooms or complement fall pears by poaching them in Marquette for a decadent dessert.
- St. Croix – Smoky and deep with hints of red currant, St. Croix is an approachable and well-rounded red that’s perfectly suited to fall classics like chili or rich stews.
- Foch – Robust flavors complement the deep ruby hue of Foch with slight hints of vanilla and mocha. Italian-inspired autumn staples like spaghetti Bolognese or warm baked ziti are a match made in fall heaven with Foch.
- Chocolate Lush – There’s no denying that chocolate is an exquisite treat in any season, but it shines in the fall. Chocolate Lush is a semi-sweet red perfect for rustic cheese platters or warm desserts.
- Finally Friday Fiery Red – Some fall days bring a chill you need a little extra help shaking off, and Finally Friday Fiery Red is up to the task. Fortified with Wisconsin Brandy, this fiery red teams up with rich and cozy Shepherd’s Pie and other red-meat based fall flavors spectacularly.
- Throwback Thursday – Fall is synonymous with the back to school season, even long after you graduate. Packed with concord grape flavors, Throwback Thursday is an approachable red brimming with nostalgic joy. Pair it with gourmet mac and cheese for an elevated take on childhood fall pleasures.
- Antler Shed Red – Dry and earthy, Antler Shed Red is stellar with a good steak, but it’s even better with wild game. If you’re lucky enough to have a bounty of game to celebrate fall, this blended variety is sure to please.
No matter how you’re celebrating the changing seasons and a bumper fall harvest, our selection of reds is perfect for autumn feasts. Our multi-option wine club is a great way to get your hands on your favorites throughout the year, ready for pairing with all your favorite dishes.